Our rich history is a big part of who we are. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry, creating winning experiences for all our guests.
We are also currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ‘build a city within a city’ and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada’s premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
We also take care of our PEOPLE. Here are some of the things we offer:
Full Group Benefits Plan
Discounts on Food
Ontario Attractions Discount
Opportunities for Advancement
Social Responsibility Initiatives
We need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Broadcast Production, this video editor will work alongside the Broadcast & Social Media teams to create original content for: TSN network broadcasts, Woodbine Entertainment’s social media platforms, simulcast racing and other corporate departments. This is a very creative, high-production-value, fast-paced environment which requires advanced knowledge of digital technology and editing software packages (Avid Media Composer Ultimate and Adobe CC).
· Lead by example, to exhibit, encourage and motivate WEG’s Values and Beliefs
· Story creation and visualization
· Off-line/on-line editing of material for TSN network broadcast, Woodbine's social media platforms, simulcast racing, and other corporate products as required.
· Producing: features, show segments, stings, commercials, promotions, social media content etc.
· Importing of recorded material and delivery of all video elements to: TSN productions/ producers/control rooms/production mobiles/clients as required.
· Selecting music from online library as needed.
· Colour grade video as needed using Red Giant Complete - Magic Bullet.
· Design and animate basic graphics using Adobe CC as required. (Photoshop, Illustrator & After Effects)
· Reformat network broadcast segments for Woodbine's social media platforms using Adobe CC (Photoshop, After Effects and Media Encoder)
· Maintain quality control and operational procedures for all Woodbine video assets and platforms.
· Organize and maintain all current and future assets on Avid Central Storage, CATDV Archive, and Brightcove System.
· Edit, transcode, and traffic video assets to Woodbine Team members using Microsoft's OneDrive as needed.
· Experience with visual content creation for network broadcast and social media platforms.
· Advanced digital editing skills (3 - 5 years of experience) Avid Media Composer Ultimate & Avid Interplay is a must
· Proficient in Adobe CC applications: Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Media Encoder.
· Strong Knowledge of video aspect ratios, codecs, and frame rates. (4K, UHD, HD, SD)
· Basic understanding of compositing & animation. (Keying, Masking, Alpha channels, Key frames)
· Knowledge of broadcasting standards and systems.
· PC based systems + Basic understanding of Microsoft applications. (Outlook, OneDrive, Teams)
· General computer skills in a Windows-based software applications environment
· Ability to colour grade video using Red Giant Complete - Magic Bullet.
· Familiarity with Frame.i0 is an asset.
· Must be comfortable taking direction from producers.
· Must have strong abilities to multitask projects without close monitoring.
· Outstanding interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively.
· Must be able to work in fast-paced network broadcast environment.
· Ability to effectively work in cross-functional teams.
· Strong attention to detail, organization, workflow, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
· Professional maturity, integrity, discipline, and a positive attitude.
Education and Experience
· Post-Secondary degree/diploma in a field related to Broadcast, Media, Communications, Journalism or the equivalent in education and experience.
· Normal edit suite/production environment, with little physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise
· Standing and walking required for less than 25% of the work time
· Regular interruptions and multiple demands.
· Requires concentration and restriction to location during times of specific tasks
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.