Starting Gate Driver
SB Racing MHK
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Filling in, as required, driving the Starting gate for live racing and qualifying, and assisting the Starter in supervising all horses and drivers from the formation of the post parade until the start of each live race and qualifying race.
What you will do:
- Check the starting gate before the start of each qualifying and live racing session to ensure it is in proper running condition, and liaise with appropriate department to schedule any required maintenance
- Drive the starting gate for live racing and qualifying in an extremely safe manner. Taking over the accelerator at the Start of each race, and following the field of horses around the track for the duration of the race
- Assist the Starter during any on-track accidents or incidents
Key Success Factors
- Minimum High School education
- Thorough knowledge of horses, horseracing industry, AGCO Rules of Racing, Company policies, and Departmental procedures.
- Ability to make decisions while considering several variables and outcomes in situations that are routine or unusual
- Ability to influence individuals to respect the rules and practices established by the Company
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Harness racing experience preferred