Our rich history is a big part of who we are. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we have been creating winning experiences for all our guests.
We are currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ‘build a city within a city’ and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada’s premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
We need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Reporting to the Manager, Total Rewards, and as an integral member of the People Experience (PX) team, you will be responsible for providing support and administration on a broad range of total rewards programs including compensation and analysis, bonus/incentive plans, benefits and pension plans in a complex corporate and multi-union environment.
This requires proven expertise in the areas of total rewards design, administration and communication. The successful candidate will have a high level of customer focus and strong analytical, project management and consultative skills.
- Work in collaboration with various functional groups to communicate, promote and ensure awareness of our holistic Total Rewards offering for optimal value creation
- Research and analyze Total Rewards trends and best practices and use information to assist in the design and continuous enhancement of Total Rewards programs
- Proactively participate in HRIS management by ensuring data accuracy, preparing reports, summaries, analysis and reconciliations
Compensation, Benefits & Pension
- Provide credible, thoughtful and data-driven compensation advice to key stakeholders
- Participate in annual total rewards activities such as the annual salary review and bonus payout process
- Provide external market analysis and recommendations to Manager, Total Rewards to support decisions related to total reward programs and policies such as determining annual salary increase budget and salary structure movement by utilizing market intelligence and studying emerging trends
- Model financial scenarios to support labour relations negotiations
- Review job descriptions and conduct job evaluations to determine proper job grade levels and salary range recommendations for various new and existing roles at Woodbine Entertainment
- Administer benefit and pension plans, process enrollments, and generate premium remittances
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding the pension and benefit program, and act as a liaison with third party consultants to address employee benefit concerns or questions
- Participate in meetings with insurance providers and third-party consultants to discuss plan status and evaluate potential plan design changes during annual review of the benefit program
- Assist with the design, development and implementation of the performance management process, competency models and analytics
- Assist with conducting needs assessments and market analysis to understand business needs, anticipate talent program requirements and identify employee performance and development needs
Key Success Factors
- University or college degree in Human Resources
- 3 - 5 years experience in Total Rewards
- Experience in Pension and Benefits is an asset
- Experience with People Soft or equivalent Human Resources Information System
- Experience with Saba/Cornerstone an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of compensation, group benefits plans and defined contribution and defined benefit pension plans
- Knowledge of HR, legislative and payroll policies/practices
- Strong project planning skills and the ability to work under strict deadlines as well as managing multiple priorities independently is required