For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Day to Day duties:
- Consistently deliver a clean, safe, and well-maintained facility
- Perform maintenance and general labour tasks for all facilities, grounds, tracks, tunnels, building and stables.
- Maintain all documents in a timely and accurate manner as required.
- Respond to all maintenance emergencies as required.
- Maintain barns, paddock, stalls and other related buildings
- Ensure maintenance of paddocks, track rails, horse paths, walking ring, railing and other racing related items.
- Assist with landscaping: sodding, watering, cutting grass, planting, weeding, raking.
- Assist with Turf maintenance including fertilizing, mowing harrowing, hedge and irrigation maintenance, rolling spraying, stomping vacuuming, pinning, etc.
- Install and remove snow fences, barn tarps, track barricades, office furniture, tack room beds, filters, change tiles, and moves.
- Clean and maintain roadways, catch basins, paddock stalls, eaves troughs, roofs, utility rooms, storage rooms and signage.
- Conduct floor checks, collect garbage, paint, snow removal and salting
- Maintain and clean vehicles and other assigned equipment.
- Ensure work area and assigned tools and equipment are kept clean and tidy.
- Complete work in a safe and efficient manner
- Assist other trades as assigned.
Key Success Factors
- Must have and maintain a valid Ontario drivers licence (G2 or greater)
- Previous manual labour experience is an asset
- Must be able to do shift work including days, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to travel and work at all WEG sites.
- Must be able to work all areas including facilities, grounds and stables.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs