Day to Day duties:
- Consistently deliver a clean, safe, and well-maintained facility
- Perform maintenance and general labour tasks for all facilities, grounds, tracks, tunnels, building and stables.
- Maintain all documents in a timely and accurate manner as required.
- Respond to all maintenance emergencies as required.
- Maintain barns, paddock, stalls and other related buildings
- Ensure maintenance of paddocks, track rails, horse paths, walking ring, railing and other racing related items.
- Assist with landscaping: sodding, watering, cutting grass, planting, weeding, raking.
- Assist with Turf maintenance including fertilizing, mowing harrowing, hedge and irrigation maintenance, rolling spraying, stomping vacuuming, pinning, etc.
- Install and remove snow fences, barn tarps, track barricades, office furniture, tack room beds, filters, change tiles, and moves.
- Clean and maintain roadways, catch basins, paddock stalls, eaves troughs, roofs, utility rooms, storage rooms and signage.
- Conduct floor checks, collect garbage, paint, snow removal and salting
- Maintain and clean vehicles and other assigned equipment.
- Ensure work area and assigned tools and equipment are kept clean and tidy.
- Complete work in a safe and efficient manner
- Assist other trades as assigned.
Key Success Factors
- Must have and maintain a valid Ontario drivers licence (G2 or greater)
- Previous manual labour experience is an asset
- Must be able to do shift work including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to travel and work at all WEG sites.
- Must be able to work all areas including facilities, grounds and stables.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs