Wage: 30.93 per hour, plus Benefits, Pension and many other perks
Woodbine Entertainment is currently looking for a Welder/Fabricator who is customer focused and has a safety mindset.
As a Welder/Fabricator, your main responsibilities will be to weld, fabricate and maintain custom machinery; as well as repair equipment, operate hand tools and maintain a tidy workstation. You will be required to consistently uphold and demonstrate all Woodbine Entertainment Health & Safety rules, standards and practices as designated by Fleet Services Department. You will be accountable to report any special occurrences or discrepancies to your direct manager, Senior Manager Grounds & Fleet Operations.
Our ideal candidate has a strong passion to wow our guests and co-workers, has excellent communication skills and has a friendly and outgoing personality. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a desire to learn new things and maximize your potential.
At Woodbine, the opportunities are endless, so come join a company that makes work awesome!
- Fabricate structures from drawings or sketches
- Restore damaged steel, cast iron, aluminum components by welding, dissembling, and assembling relative components
- Maintain inventory of materials onsite used for fabrication
- Consistently maintain a clean and safe workstation
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer relations (internal departments, horse people, etc.)
- Demonstrate a safety conscious mindset and work ethic
- Able to read shop drawings and use various types of electrodes and metals
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Organized with superior attention to detail
- Proven ability to complete repairs and service within established timelines and in immediate/emergency situations
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with established company procedures
- Adhere to company policies and safety procedures
- Uses appropriate safety equipment while performing work as a condition of employment
- Willing and able to work flexible hours in support of business and customer schedules
- Minimum grade 12 diploma
- Must have current CWB certification
- Have a complete personal basic trade tool inventory of good, recognized quality for the trade
- Minimum 5 years related experience as a Welder/Fabricator
- A background in the Heavy Equipment and/or Agriculture a strong asset
- Welding experience with Flux Core, Arc Air, MIG, TIG (aluminum) including the ability to fabricate steel structures from drawings or sketches
- Able to safely operate hand and power tools
- General computer skills in Windows and Microsoft Office Suit environment
- Able to read, write, and converse effectively in English
- Must have Valid Ontario Driver’s License with a clean Driver’s Abstract
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs