Manager, Customer Support Centre
HPI Support Centre
Our rich history is a big part of who we are. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry, creating winning experiences for all our guests.
We are also currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ‘build a city within a city’ and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada’s premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
We also take care of our PEOPLE. Here are some of the things we offer:
Full Group Benefits Plan
Discounts on Food
Ontario Attractions Discount
Opportunities for Advancement
Social Responsibility Initiatives
We need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Leading a team of engaged Representatives, Team Leads and Supervisors working in a highly collaborative environment. The Manager, HPIbet Support Centre is accountable for all operational and business objectives related to the development, implementation, and ongoing management of HPIbet services and support.
As the first point of contact, the HPIbet Support Centre and the Manger, HPIbet Support Centre will have a unique perspective and insight that will be informative in decision making across the company.
· Contributes to the development and implementation of new tools and processes aimed at maximizing effectiveness and efficiency for the HPIbet operation.
· Provides input to the development of product strategy and research and development and assists in establishing department standards.
· Assesses operational staffing requirements. Provides the advanced skills training that will ensure our Guests and Horse Players have an unmatched guest experience. Reviews and supports recommendations from Supervisors with regard to scheduling, recruitment, performance and training.
· With a dedicated focus on guest experience, the Manager, HPIbet Suport Centre manages, monitors and implements all staff programs and policies.
· Oversees all functional resources for HPIbet Staff and communicates daily operational standards, changes and enhancements that ensure each HPIbet team member is engaged and skilled in their respective role.
· Assesses and observes customer needs. Making necessary decisions that would elevate the guest experience, with a complete understanding of the business objectives. The Manager will have an integral role in the support and nurturing of the Canadian Racing industry. Possessing a voice in recommendations that would maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of HPIbet, while building an unmatched player loyalty.
- Advanced knowledge of leadership techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of exceptional customer services practices.
- Experience working within call centres.
- Strategic skills and thinking: being able to create initiatives to achieve goals and objectives which are focused on improving guest experience and generating greater loyalty.
- Intellectual skills: advanced interpersonal communication that would be necessary to successfully interact, influence or negotiate with internal and external customers. The ability to effectively problem solve, be analytical and deal with ambiguity. Exceptional listening and motivational skills, with an appreciation for the complexities of remote working environments.
- Leadership skills: including experience motivating, coaching, developing, evaluating team members, and resolving conflicts.
- Technical skills: proficiency with computer software applications, spreadsheets, call centre phone systems and their respective reporting software. The ability to recommend and roll out new technical solutions and software, while effectively acting as a liaison between cross-functional teams and Information Technology groups as the subject matter expert.
- General management skills: including those required to develop effective standard operating procedures, people management, process mapping, reporting, team building and measurement.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 3 years progressive supervisory experience in an engaged customer service-related field.
- Experience working within call centres.
- Post secondary degree/diploma in a related field.