For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Woodbine Entertainment is currently looking for a customer-focused Chef that is committed to providing our guests with winning experiences!
This position is extremely important to Woodbine’s success. Our Chefs are key Brand Ambassadors! By working together with our team members, you will exceed our guests’ expectations each and every time and most importantly, have fun while doing so.
What you'll do:
- Ensure consistency, superior quality and efficiency in the production and presentation of all food products
- Supervise and maintain quality standards of all food preparation by cooks and all other kitchen employees under his/her supervision
- Oversee preparation period to ensure quality and timeliness of food delivery during service period Use safe food handling and sanitary preparation for all food items Manage food line to ensure efficient flow and volume during meal service
- Ensure quality and presentation of buffets are consistent with high standards set by Executive Chef /Chef de Cuisine Contribute to the planning of new menus, production and implementation in a timely manner
- Train, develop and motivate kitchen team to consistently uphold and deliver superior quality and performance standards
- Oversee training of all kitchen staff in food preparation, presentation and equipment operation to company quality and performance standards
- Provide ongoing guidance, coaching and feedback in order to develop employee skills, productivity and teamwork
- Ensure that WHMIS rules and regulations are followed at all times
- Uphold and enforce compliance with employee uniform and grooming standards at all times
- Take disciplinary action in union matters in consultation with Executive Chef/ Chef de Cuisine when necessary
- Manage information to maintain and improve food quality, service satisfaction, teamwork and operational effectiveness
What are we looking for:
- Minimum grade 12 education
- Completed apprenticeship program or food technology diploma & Red Seal Certified
- 4 to 6 years experience in full service hotel or restaurant
- 3 to 4 years experience at the Senior Sous Chef or Station Chef level in a comparable environment
- Sound knowledge of all food preparation
- Current safe food handling certification
- Solid understanding of all cost control areas
- Supervisory experience in unionized environment
- Solid understanding of Health and Safety Legislation