Payment Card Analyst
Our rich history is a big part of who we are. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry, creating winning experiences for all our guests.
We are also currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ‘build a city within a city’ and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada’s premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
We also take care of our PEOPLE. Here are some of the things we offer:
Full Group Benefits Plan
Discounts on Food
Ontario Attractions Discount
Opportunities for Advancement
Social Responsibility Initiatives
We need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Responsible for the audit and reconciliation of all Payment Card merchant account processing and transactions. Provide support to internal and external customers regarding payment card transaction inquiries and disputes.
· Audit and verify credit/debit card payment transactions reporting to related bank & GL settlements.
· Reconcile general ledger bank accounts for all 5 payment card types including related cash advance float accounts.
· Through in-depth analysis, identify reporting, system, and/or any other errors within the Cash Advance processes
· Liaisons with Cash Advance processing partners, Brinks, Volante, & Tidel, to resolve reconciliation issues
· Address and follow-up on out-standing payment card reconciling items with those accountable
· Obtain transaction records, investigate, and respond to charge back notifications and card holder disputes in the pursuit of recovery
· Alert management of possible suspicious and fraudulent payment card activity.
· Respond to time sensitive document requests from the payment card processor
· Submit requests for card holder refunds to card processor and follow-up to verify credit to customer
· Fulfill device requests for all WEG merchant locations through co-ordination with the card processor
· Maintain records of all incoming and outgoing payment card hardware
· Verify accuracy of new incoming device profile set ups with IT group
· Arrange for the return of special event use payment card devices as required
· Work with IT Manager in the development, implementation and tracking of payment card hardware inventory
· Upload and/or manually enter payment card transactions to general ledger for merchants without integrated system upload processes
· Address queries from/to WEG management regarding card processing and industry compliance.
· Audit and verify payment card charges and fees for point-of-sale rental equipment deployed and other services.
· Upload and/or manually enter payment card monthly service charges to general ledger
· Audit Dormitory schedules and post monthly related entries to the GL
· Reconcile the 2 Dormitory GL accounts and work with Dormitory manager to resolve discrepancies
· Review and recommend ways to streamline the Dormitory records, processes, and development of best practices
· Provide support, direction and co-ordination to the payment card processor and department heads during the implementation of a new Hospitality POS system
· Receive, scan, and record incoming cheques for Finance bank deposits
· Prepare daily Remote bank deposits and submit electronically.
· Prepare branch bank deposits for cheques that will not scan to the bank. Co-ordinate delivery with courier
· Provide support to and/or backfill other team member’s tasks as required
· Execute other duties as required.
- Ability to work on multiple activities and to effectively prioritize tasks to meet deadlines with limited supervision.
- Strong investigative and analytical skills
- Advanced oral communication and associated interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Possess a strong proactive and resourceful attitude.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate an efficient mix of accuracy and speed with attention to detail.
- Strong team player with positive and flexible attitude
- Advanced excel skills (i.e. Pivot tables, VLOOKUPs, etc.)
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Accounting, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years of analytical experience within an accounting environment. Payment card experience is an asset.
- General knowledge of functional operation and understanding of other departments in the organization.
- Proficient with MSOffice (Word and Excel)
- Previous MS Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations experience an asset