SB Racing MHK
Our rich history is a big part of who we are. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we have been creating winning experiences for all our guests.
We are currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ‘build a city within a city’ and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada’s premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
We need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
The purpose of this position is to consistently and safely operate and maintain WEG equipment and to maintain the grounds as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Operate all equipment required for the maintenance of WEG grounds, roads, parking lots, stable area and buildings
- Safely operate all cars and trucks including pickups, vans, stake trucks, snow ploughs, snow blowers, dump trucks, boom and flush water trucks, bucket trucks and sand trucks
- Safely operate all farm tractors and pick ups with attachments including harrows, cutting harrows, floats, lawn movers, grass cutters, post hole augers, wagons, trailers, snow blowers, rototillers, rollers, rakes and screens
- Operate front-end loaders, Athey loaders, self-propelled rollers, grass cutters and rototillers
- Perform “Circle Check” of equipment being used for work shift; report any defects to Supervisor immediately
- Perform duties of Labourer as required including ranking and shovelling, maintaining stalls and cutting grass
- Conduct deliveries and pickups on and off premises
- Perform routine cleaning, maintenance and storage of all related equipment
- Demonstrate knowledge of track procedures regarding horse-related accidents and injuries
- Respond to emergencies such as fire and water leaks as required
- Complete work in a safe and efficient manner
- Maintain neat and organized work areas
- Maintain all documents in a timely and accurate manner as required
- Must possess a valid class "DZ" drivers license
- Solid knowledge for operating all equipment required for maintenance
- General knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety procedures and WHMIS
- Basic verbal communication skills
- Basic interpersonal skills
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year driving experience in a similar environment
- Qualify for an AGCO
- Must be able to perform shift work, weekends and holidays as required
- Willing to travel to other tracks as required