Clocker / Gap Attendant
TB Race office
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
This position covers both Clocker and Gap Attendant positions. The Clocker is responsible for clocking horses at specified distance.
The Gap Attendant is responsible for communicating to the Clockers which horses are coming onto the track
- Identify horses as they come onto the track.
- Time horses that are called in by the gap attendant.
- Relay times to sheet writer through radios.
- Watch track for potential incidents and when required, close off the track
- Work with other clockers in a very fast-paced environment
- Call in horses to sheet writer specifying trainer and distance through radios
- Open and close track in the morning and at the harrow break.