Senior Broadcast Technician - Technical Producer
Our rich history is a big part of who we are. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry, creating winning experiences for all our guests.
We are also currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ‘build a city within a city’ and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada’s premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
We also take care of our PEOPLE. Here are some of the things we offer:
Full Group Benefits Plan
Discounts on Food
Ontario Attractions Discount
Opportunities for Advancement
Social Responsibility Initiatives
We need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
This position is as a member of the Broadcast Technical team, responsible for ensuring the continuity of broadcast and audio-visual operations at Woodbine Racetrack, Woodbine Mohawk Park and across Woodbine Entertainment’s properties. This includes troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and repair of broadcast, transmission, audio-visual, broadcast IT and related equipment. This position also has a specialty in Technical Production, managing all aspects of technical integration for Woodbine’s OB network programming.
- Act as Technical Producer for network programming; providing all coordination with and between outside mobile facilities providers, production companies and destination networks
- Manage small and medium-sized Broadcast technology projects
- Maintain performance and full-service functionality of Woodbine’s Broadcast Facilities
- Attend and address facilities expansion, corrective service actions and equipment-specific configuration administration that ensure best performance for delivery of services
- Complete performance monitoring and review of system performance and communicate status updates to Manager
- Liaise with manufacturer support, operators, and suppliers to resolve identified issues that are impacting operational status in a timely fashion
- Provide technical support for video/audio equipment across the organization
- Provide support for equipment used to provision web streaming
- Assist operators with efficient and effective equipment operations as required.
- Develop strong rapport and two-way communication skills with operators to ensure effective problem solving, and insights into equipment ‘issues’ during live productions
- Provide feedback to internal teams in determining the appropriate technological production solutions to fit their needs
- Maintain and repair all technical equipment in the Broadcast department
- Maintain current knowledge of inner workings of equipment/systems, the connect points and interdependencies of all positions
- Recommends solutions based on the balance between operational efficiency and equipment malfunctions
- Recognized post-secondary degree/diploma in Broadcast or Electronics Technology
- Minimum 5 years in the Broadcast industry
- Excellent working knowledge of current broadcast technical standards
- Understanding of sports and entertainment productions, control room & Master Control facilities
- Wiring for video, audio, intercom, networking, fiber, RF
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Knowledge of computer systems, networking topology and deployment and network security as asset
- Travel between Woodbine, Mohawk and other company properties as required
- Standing and walking required for approximately 50% of the work time
- Some heavy lifting, work at heights, work in tight spaces, work indoor and outdoor required
- Regular interruptions and managing multiple demands
- Schedule will involve day and afternoon shifts, holiday work, weekend work
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.