Executive Assistant - CEO
CEO and Pres office
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
The C-Suite Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to the CEO and three additional Senior Executives. Reporting to the CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship with each executive. The EA also serves as a liaison with other senior executives within the organization, coordinates executive outreach and external relations and oversees special projects. The successful candidate must be outgoing, resilient and enjoy working in a Sports and Entertainment environment. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgement in a diversity of situations. With strong verbal and written skills, administrative, and organizational skills and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities The Executive Assistant will manage four calendars, schedule meetings, prepare executive-friendly reports and presentations and build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage sensitive C-Suite matters with a high level of confidentiality, discretion, and maturity.
- Represent the executives in a professional and confident manner, in both written and verbal communications, internally and externally
- Proactively manage complex schedules of up to 4 executives; resolving any scheduling issues
- Assists in preparing and/or coordination of various types of correspondence
- Prepare word, excel, powerpoint presentations, agendas, reports, special projects, and other documents in support of objectives for the organization.
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Screen incoming calls, take and deliver accurate message, respond to requests by gathering and providing information
- Ability to function in a high-paced environment, performs additional duties as assigned by executives
- Welcome the Executives guests by greeting them, in person or on the phone, answering or directing enquiries
- Represent the company and the Executive in a positive light through great follow through skills and sound judgement
Key Success Factors
- Minimum 5 years' experience supporting multiple executives in a professional, fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Business sense- has a strong business sense and can decipher priorities and make sound judgement calls when needed
- Commitment to excellence – perform duties at the highest level possible on a consistent basis
- Advanced-level knowledge of common industry software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build effective relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective decision-making ability
- Confident communication and active listening skills are critical
- Team Player – have team-oriented experience and approach
- Ability to ‘think differently’ with a sense or urgency
- Flexible working terms
- Fast pace dealing with cross-functional teams, outside suppliers, deadlines and the customers
- Exciting Sports and Entertainment environment
- ‘Great Place to Work’ culture
- Flexibility to occasionally work evenings or weekends, only as required
- Multiple demands and deadline pressure