Our rich history is a big part of who we are. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry, creating winning experiences for all our guests.
We are also currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ‘build a city within a city’ and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada’s premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
We also take care of our PEOPLE. Here are some of the things we offer:
Full Group Benefits Plan
Discounts on Food
Ontario Attractions Discount
Opportunities for Advancement
Social Responsibility Initiatives
We need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Reporting to the Director, Digital Strategy & Analytics, the Data Engineer is responsible to provide support to all lines of business under Woodbine Entertainment. Accountable for improving and maintaining an analytics ecosystem that will drive insights and support understanding of business information, enabling elevated data driven decision making within the organization. Through individual contribution, incorporates the use of data engineering methodologies leveraging internal and external data sources.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Design the data pipelines and engineering infrastructure to support our enterprise machine learning systems at scale.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Power Query.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Create and maintain a feature store.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience using computer languages (Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Power platforms.
- Good written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- 1-3 years of experience manipulating, processing, and extracting value from disconnected datasets.