Data Scientist/Data Engineer
Our rich history is a big part of who we are. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry, creating winning experiences for all our guests.
We are also currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ‘build a city within a city’ and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada’s premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
We also take care of our PEOPLE. Here are some of the things we offer:
Full Group Benefits Plan
Discounts on Food
Ontario Attractions Discount
Opportunities for Advancement
Social Responsibility Initiatives
We need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Reporting to the Director, Digital Strategy & Analytics, the Data Scientist / Data Engineer is responsible for providing analytical support to all lines of business under Woodbine Entertainment. Accountable for creating and maintaining an analytics ecosystem that will drive insights and support understanding of business information, enabling elevated data driven decision making within the organization. Through individual contribution, incorporates the use of advanced statistical modeling through best in practice data science and data engineering methodologies leveraging internal and external data sources.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company data sources to drive optimization and improvement of decision making, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business support strategies.
- Coordinate with different cross functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience using computer languages (Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Working knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Working knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, probability distributions, statistical tests, etc.) and experience with their associated applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques related to Advanced Analytics.
- 3-5 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models.