Our rich history is a big part of who we are. With historic roots dating back over 135 years, Woodbine is steeped in tradition. We have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we have been creating winning experiences for all our guests.
We are currently on an amazing 20-year journey to ‘build a city within a city’ and transform the largest privately held land in Toronto into one of Canada’s premiere entertainment destinations. This journey will unlock the value of approximately 700 acres of land, leading to job creation and the revitalization of our communities, while enhancing our ability to share the thrill of horse-racing and cementing our place as an entertainment powerhouse.
We need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
The Desktop Analyst’s role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization’s end-user computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all end-user devices and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance.
The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by remote tools, by telephone, or via chat) in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user assistance where required. These professionals are responsible for providing customers with information, restoring service, providing specific services, and escalating tickets to a higher level of support.
Strategy & Planning
• Able to support a variety of devices at our primary offices and offsite locations
Acquisition & Deployment
• Evaluate and recommend products for purchase.
• Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex computer problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
• Provide technical support for first level hardware, software, and infrastructure.
• Accurately document instances of equipment failure, repair installation and removal, as well as moves and changes.
• Accurately log, track progress, and resolution for all incident and service requests.
• Record and manage equipment sent to repair depots for equipment under warranty or service contracts.
• Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required deskside service levels.
• Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to end-user devices based on software technical specifications.
• Collaborate with LAN technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s end-user computing environment.
• Where required, administer, and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products.
• Receive and respond to incoming calls, service desk tickets, email, or chat regarding equipment incidents.
• Ensure that physical deskside connections (RJ-45 Ethernet jacks, RJ-11 telephone modem jacks, connectors between PCs and servers, etc.) are in proper working order.
• Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring end-user device operations.
• Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, network cards, and other components and equipment as needed.
• Follow standard processes and procedures adhering to all governing policies, procedures and regulations
• If necessary, liaise with third-party support and equipment vendors.
• Escalate incidents and requests up as required ensuring follow-up to collaborate on continuous improvement
• Update the internal knowledgebase with issue resolution details
• Other duties as outlined by Manger End User Support
Key Success Factors
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 2 or more years equivalent work experience.
• Certifications in Microsoft and Cisco products an asset
• 2+ years of experience in a similar role
• Excellent technical knowledge of hardware
• Excellent technical knowledge of PC internal components
• Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
• Extensive equipment support experience
• Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards
• Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
• Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
• Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
• Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
• Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Strong customer-service orientation.
• Driver’s license in good standing.
•On-call availability for as required
•Working evenings, weekends, holidays and shifts
•Travel between our owned/operated sites if required