Supervisor, Food & Beverage
We are building a city within a city and this role presents an amazing opportunity to be directly involved with one of the most exciting Casino expansions in Canada. We are building something special that is sure to Wow our Guests and provide our employees a path to pursue their potential and grow their careers to unimaginable heights! Interested? Take a look below and see if the role is the right fit for you!
Reporting to the Manager, Hospitality Outlets, this position will assist in executing the departments’ daily, weekly and monthly operating plan and provide coaching and support to front-line team members. As a Service leader in the Woodbine Hospitality Department, the Supervisor assists in overseeing the business and provides support to team Members to operate in a manner consistent with established departmental policies and procedures. The scope of responsibility will vary based on the outlet(s) and they will assist with implementing innovative programs, operational processes and procedures that reduce short- and long-term operating costs and increase sales and profitability. Key responsibilities include ensuring day to day operational excellence and support the team members to ensure we are delivering winning experiences to every guest and leading in a manner that’s consistent with the company’s values and beliefs.
- Collect and organize daily administrative duties and ensure that all daily administrative responsibilities are carried out and hold the Team Members accountable.
- Executing the daily staffing schedule and organizing the daily staffing work assignments
- Updating the time and attendance record sheet
- Escalate any employee issues such as work performance, attendance management, policy & procedure breaches, grievances, disciplinary outcomes, etc. of all team members to the Manager.
- Provide training, in the moment coaching and assist team members in all aspects of the operation (i.e. meal periods, peak periods) to ensure the Operation runs flawlessly.
- Participate and action Supervisory 30.60.90-day plans to help improve the overall service and culinary offerings within the Hospitality business.
- Recognize and monitor performance of team members on a daily, weekly & Monthly basis and provide weekly one on one team feedback on what’s going well, and the areas of improvement needed.
- Work side by side all peak periods of the operations with all Team Members, to ensure the team is achieving the brand standards of excellence.
- Deliver high energy / detailed pre-shift meetings, work with Manager on a weekly basis to plan & review the weekly shift meeting topics that have the highest impact on the business.
- Engage Guests throughout the shift to ensure that quality checks are being performed to gain feedback from all guests on the food and service experience.
- Perform inventory counts, maintain physical par stocks and productions based on business levels.
- Monitor and execute the preparation, production of food and beverage and the merchandising plans for Hospitality outlets.
- Take an active role with coaching of all food & Beverage within Hospitality to ensure that all products are executed 100% to the standards including recipe builds and merchandizing planograms.
- Certificate/Diploma/Degree from recognized College/University in courses related to Hospitality/Business Management, Hotel/ Restaurant Management or a combination of related education and experience
- Smart Serve and Food Safety Handling certification required
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory experience related to corporate food & beverage structure and reporting in a restaurant dining room, lounge, bar or banquet hall environment
- May be required to obtain and maintain an A.G.C.O. License based on assigned outlet(s)
- Experience working in unionized environment is a strong asset
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs