Manager, Betting Content
Marketing and Communications
Woodbine Entertainment is looking for a creative and enthusiastic lead to oversee betting content strategy and production as we usher in the next generation of racing and wagering enthusiasts.
This position would oversee and strategize all daily wagering content for both internal media brands as well as external media partnerships, with a primary focus on the newly-created Railbirds social content brand. The successful candidate will provide oversight for the tone, distribution and delivery or wagering content for global horse racing and the associated storylines with an eye to driving revenue through digital content. Consistently staying on top of recent trends in the wagering industry and how best to apply them to horse racing.
- Tasked with leading the strategy and overall direction for Railbirds, Woodbine’s new wagering media brand.
- Drive corporate business objectives through the creation of compelling wagering content
- Work alongside Manager, Social Media & Content and Manager, Content Production to institute original programming and engaging content for all owned and operated social channels
- Charged with implementing best practices in relation to wagering content.
- Manage a small team of fulltime and freelance content creators
- Tasked with building and retaining audience through rich media storytelling
- Maintain an understanding of what partner tracks are producing and where we can implement our wagering brand
- Appear on camera as one of the stable of contributors/personalities for the Railbirds brand
- Collaborate with other business functions to create innovative and highly-integrated social programming to further company-wide promotions at on and off-track events and deliver successful partnership experiences
- Significant understanding of wagering trends, content and the evolving sports betting industry in Ontario/Canada and globally.
- Experience managing a team of media creators and instituting content production schedules
- General understanding of trends, tone and standard content delivery on various social media channels such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and TikTok
- Avid sports wagerer and/or consumer of sports wagering content
- Experience in content strategy and digital storytelling
- Experiences establishing and scaling social media audiences
- Ability to identify talent for on-camera, editorial and social publishing roles
- General understanding of the sport of horse racing and the wagering thereof is required
- Experience in people management
- Advanced communication and organization skills, combined with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proactive leader, willing to challenge convention
- Thrives in a collaborative environment
- Excellent organizational skills necessary to manage varying demands and time constraints
- Strong planning and decision-making skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with on-site guests and online audiences
- Proven ability to effectively work in cross-functional teams
- On-camera/hosting experience is a significant asset
- Base-level understanding and experience with photo editing software such as Adobe Photoshop is an asset
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in broadcasting, journalism or equivalent work-related experience.
- 6-8 years experience working in content production or related field