WEGZ Front of House
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Our Values & Beliefs
| WOW EVERY GUEST | OWN IT! | LISTEN & CONNECT – PEOPLE MATTER | FUEL THE FUN & PASS IT ON | TRUST IN OUR TEAM | #WE CARE | PURSUE YOUR POTENTIAL |BE BOLD| BE ALL IN |
Under the direction of the Assistant General Manager, the Operations Manager is accountable for the day to day operations of the restaurant including staffing, cost controls, staff training, budgeting, administration and active floor management during service. The goal is to maximize sales and revenue through customer satisfaction and employee engagement.
- Under the direction of the Assistant General Manager, the Assistant Manager is accountable for the day to day operations of the restaurant including staffing, cost controls, staff training, budgeting, administration and active floor management during service. The goal is to maximize sales and revenue through customer satisfaction and employee engagement
- Develop teams that always strive for “Winning” guest experiences
- Build and maintain relationships with guests, team members and senior management alike
- Follow bar, beverage and wine control procedures exactly
- Provide general administrative support for the restaurant
- Show leadership in creating a culture that revolves around the experience and enjoyment of horse racing, sports, food and drink
- Demonstrate high personal integrity, business ethics and takes every opportunity to promote the venue
- Conduct recruitment and selection and training and development initiatives as well as performance management and employee coaching
- Assist with the tracking of sales, invoicing, and managing inventory
- Conduct briefings with staff prior to each shift/special event
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of payroll records
What we are looking for:
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in Business or Hospitality
- Minimum 2 year in a food & beverage/restaurant supervisor position.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a high volume, fast paced hospitality environment
- WSET Intermediate Wine Certificate or comparable an asset
- Advanced knowledge of effective leadership techniques.
- General knowledge of budgeting and general accounting principles
- Balance knowledge of professional sports and a general understanding of the horse racing industry.
- Knowledge of pari-mutuel wagering an asset
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrated experience managing a business and developing people.
- Strong leadership and inter-personal skills.