Community Investment Program
The Woodbine Cares Community Investment Program supports local community organizations working on initiatives that focus on either of the following three themes:
- Vibrant & Connected Communities,
- For the Love of Horses, or
- The Environment & Sustainability.
Support is in the form of micro-grants ranging from $1,000 – $5,000.
All applications are due Friday, August 27, 2021.
All applicants to the Woodbine Cares Community Investment Program must:
- Be a charitable organization registered with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
- Be located within the local surroundings of Woodbine Racetrack and Woodbine Mohawk Park.
- Apply for initiatives that fall within our defined focus areas listed above.
- Have strong fiscal management and governance practices.
- Have submitted all final reports from previous years if a previous recipient.
Charitable contributions and support do not extend to:
- Athletics, including individual and all-star sports teams
- Programs outside Ontario, Canada
- Organizations that discriminate by race, ability, creed, gender, age or national origin
- Advertising of any kind
- Underwriting of films, video and television productions
- Sectarian/religious, including churches, synagogues and other places of worship
- Conferences, trips, or tours
- Fraternal, veteran or labour groups serving only their members
- Membership fees or association fees, either personal or corporate
- Family Foundations
*The Woodbine Entertainment Community Investment Program provides funding in the range of $1,000 – $5,000.