Community Investment Program
The Woodbine Cares Community Investment Program supports local community organizations working on initiatives that focus on either of the following three themes:
Support is in the form of micro-grants ranging from $1,000 – $5,000.
All applications are due Monday, May 15, 2023.
Vibrant & Connected Community initiatives are ones that inspire and engage different segments of the population in the neighborhoods in which our properties reside, and in so doing, create a positive impact for those individuals and the community. Whether it’s an innovative idea or a fundamental need, we want to know that it’s making a difference in people’s lives.
For the Love of Horses initiatives are those that foster a love of equines and the value they bring to others. Whether it’s getting people to engage with horses, learn more about them or take care of them, we’re interested in supporting programs that show us the love! Available to organizations across Ontario.
Environment & Sustainability initiatives can vary in scope and scale so long as they contribute to creating a greener planet. Plant a garden, reduce waste, change out products for greener solutions, almost anything goes! The greater the impact on addressing climate change, the better.
All applicants to the Woodbine Cares Community Investment Program must:
- Be a charitable organization registered with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
- Be located within the local surroundings of Woodbine Racetrack and Woodbine Mohawk Park.
- Demonstrate clearly how their initiative falls within our defined focus areas listed above.
- Provide evidence of strong fiscal management and governance practices. Audited statements will be required.
- Have submitted all final reports from previous years, if a previous recipient.
Charitable contributions and support do not extend to:
- Athletics, including individual and all-star sports teams
- Programs outside Ontario, Canada
- Fundraising events
- Organizations that discriminate by race, ability, creed, gender, age or national origin, etc.
- Advertising of any kind
- Underwriting of films, video and television productions
- Sectarian/religious activities and/or churches, synagogues and other places of worship
- Costs related infrastructure
- Conferences, trips, or tours
- Fraternal, veteran or labour groups serving only their members
- Membership fees or association fees, either personal or corporate
- Family Foundations