Woodbine Cares Community Investment Program
From community grants and donations to employee volunteerism, from our community garden to major race day fundraising campaigns, Woodbine Cares encompasses all that Woodbine Entertainment does as part of its community investments.
The Woodbine Cares Community Investment Program supports local community organizations in the form of micro-grants ranging in $1,000 – $5,000.
- 2020 Program Launch – January 6, 2020
- Applications Due – February 28, 2020 – The application process is now closed. Thank you to those who applied.
- Application Review – March 2020
- Announcement of Recipients – May 1, 2020
All applicants to the Woodbine Cares Community Investment Program must:
- Be a charitable organization registered with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
- Be located within the local communities surrounding Woodbine Racetrack and Woodbine Mohawk Park.
- Apply for initiatives that fall within our defined focus areas*.
- Have strong fiscal management and governance practices.
- Have submitted all final reports from previous years if a previous recipient.
Woodbine Entertainment’s charitable contributions and support do not extend to:
- Athletics, including individual and all-star sports teams
- Programs outside Ontario, Canada
- Organizations that discriminate by race, creed, gender, age or national origin
- Underwriting of films, video and television productions
- Sectarian/religions activities, including churches, synagogues and other places of worship
- Conferences, trips, or tours
- Fraternal, veteran or labour groups serving only their members
- Membership fees or association fees, either personal or corporate
- Family Foundations
* Focus Areas: Vibrant & Connected Communities, For the Love of Horses, The Environment & Sustainability