Name That Foal Contest
Official Rules & Regulations
Contest starts April 20, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. ET and continues until May 7, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). No purchase necessary. Limit one (1) entry per person. Woodbine Entertainment Group and Winbak Farm are the sponsors of this contest (collectively, the “Contest Sponsors”).
This contest is open only to legal residents of Ontario who are at least 18 years of age and excluding employees of the Contest Sponsors and those with whom they are domiciled. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. By participating, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules & Regulations and the decisions of the Contest Sponsors, which are final.
A “bracket” style of vote will be conducted via social media in order to determine the name of a foal stabled at Winbak Farm, out of a possible eight (8) names.
- To enter the contest:
- Eligible participants must first be a “follower” or “follow” the Woodbine Mohawk Park or Woodbine Racetrack Twitter, Instagram or Facebook page.
- Eligible participants must then vote for their favourite foal name by either “liking” or “retweeting” the eventual winning name on Twitter (WoodbineTB or WoodbineSB) OR vote via Instagram Stories on Instagram of Facebook by voting on the winning name using the poll function on either the WoodbineTB or WoodbineSB Instagram page
- A random draw will be conducted among all eligible entries who voted for the winning foal name at any point during the contest. The random draw will be held on May 10, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. ET. The selected entrant will be contacted via the account they used to post, and will have 24 hours to respond to claim the prize.
- To be declared a winner, the selected entrant must correctly answer, unaided, a time‐limited mathematical skill testing question in order to claim the prize, and must return a signed Confirmation of Acceptance of Prize and Release.
- If the selected entrant incorrectly answers the skill‐testing question, declines the prize, fails to return a Confirmation of Acceptance of Prize and Release or is otherwise ineligible for the prize, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to select another entrant or to cancel the contest.
- The Contest Sponsor’s rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the contest and the awarding of the prize.
- Entrants are eligible to win the opportunity for him/her and a friend to visit Winbak Farm for a one-hour tour of the farm including lunch and a visit with the foal that is the subject of the contest. Only one (1) prize will be awarded. The approximate retail value of the prize is $500.
- The winning entrant is solely responsible for all expenses related to the farm tour, including without limitation his/her transportation and the transportation of his/her friend (if applicable) to and from Winbak Farm. The date and time for the farm tour is subject to availability as determined by Winbak Farm in its sole discretion. The winning entrant must comply with all rules in place at Winbak Farm with respect to farm tours, including without limitation Covid-19 protocols.
- The prize must be accepted as awarded, may not be transferred or exchanged and is not redeemable for cash. No substitutions are permitted. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize.
- The Contest Sponsors shall have the right in their sole discretion to substitute, amend, reschedule and/or cancel any element of the contest. Prize(s) may not be awarded to any winner and winners shall not be compensated for such cancellation.
By entering this contest, entrants consent to the use of their entry, name, city of residence and/or any photograph that may be taken in publicity carried out by the Contest Sponsor and/or its advertising agencies, without further notice or compensation.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by the Contest Sponsor. The Contest Sponsor takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this contest. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned.
This contest is not sponsored, endorsed, associated with or administered by Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
By entering this contest, entrants release and hold harmless Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, the Contest Sponsors and their advertising and promotional agencies and their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releases”) from any liability in connection with this contest or, if declared a winner, the prize.
Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Contest Sponsors have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, related to the prize, including but not limited to its quality or fitness for a particular purpose. This contest will be run in accordance with these Official Rules and Regulations, subject to amendment by the Contest Sponsors. Entrants must comply with these Rules and Regulations and will be deemed to have received and understood the Rules and Regulations by participating in the contest. The Contest Sponsors may amend or modify these Rules and Regulations or cancel or postpone this contest at their sole discretion at any time prior to the distribution of prizing. Any disagreements or disputes arising out of this contest will be resolved by the Contest Sponsors at their sole and absolute discretion.
- To enter the contest: