TORONTO, August 17, 2023— Woodbine Entertainment announced today the lineup of marquee brands that have signed on as official partners for the 164th King’s Plate, Canada’s premier horse racing spectacle renowned for its fashion, entertainment, and world-class racing. The King’s Plate runs on Sunday, August 20 at Woodbine Racetrack in Toronto and airs nationally on CTV and TSN.
The sponsorship line-up for the King’s Plate includes a wide slate of longtime partners, such as OLG, Stella Artois and Bell Media, along with new sponsors looking to join in on the excitement of this exciting new chapter in Canadian horse racing including Lincoln Motor Company, Bulova Watches, Red Bull and more.
“The 2023 King’s Plate promises to be an event of unparalleled Canadian sports excitement and luxury, amplified by the remarkable support of our esteemed partners,” said Daniel Caulfield, Head of Partnership and Business Development, Woodbine Entertainment. “Having passionate brands that are so dedicated to enhancing the attendee experience will ensure that this historic King’s Plate will usher in an exciting new era for horse racing in Canada.”
King’s Plate New Partners
- Lincoln Motor Company – As Official Partner, Lincoln will be showcasing the most dynamic expression of Lincoln luxury with their 2023 Lincoln Corsair on display. Lincoln will invite guests to visit the Lincoln Sanctuary onsite, featuring experiences designed to allow attendees to create their own sense of sanctuary.
- Bulova – a brand with high-performance and enduring quality timepieces, is the Official Timepiece of this year’s event, as well as the presenting sponsor of live music & fashion on-site at the King’s Plate festivities. Bulova Canada will set the rhythm of the event through branded DJ booths and presenting sponsorship of the ‘Fashion Contest, crowning King’s Plate’s most fashionable guests.
- Red Bull – brings its signature energy to invigorate the King’s Plate, with ‘Hank the Tank’ delivering tunes to the Ketel One Trackside Clubhouse Party and Red Bull energy drinks for sale across the property.
- Dandurand Wines – its premium brands Bread & Butter + Keep Calm will be featured widely across the Woodbine grounds to enrich the King’s Plate culinary experience.
- Labatt Breweries – Canada’s top brewery strengthens its longtime partnership with Woodbine as it introduces “Ready to Drink” brands like Nutrl, Cutwater and Mike’s Hard Iced Tea for sale throughout the venue.
Returning Partners to the King’s Plate
- OLG – the presenting sponsor of the OLG Canadian Triple Crown, continues its long-standing support for horse racing in Canada
- Bell Media – maintains its role as our valued broadcast partner, ensuring that the King’s Plate is televised nationally on CTV & TSN, enabling fans across the nation to revel in the excitement
- Diageo – adds its touch of luxury with Ketel One as the presenting sponsor of the Ketel One Clubhouse Social. The Johnnie Walker brand is also front and center as the presenting sponsor of the infield winners circle, along with naming rights to the Johnnie Walker Owner’s Lounge.
- Stella Artois – elevates the experience as the naming rights sponsor of the Stella Artois Terrace, Woodbine’s marquee patio & racing experience. Attendees can also look forward to a special acoustic performance by the King’s Plate musical guest and engaging Stella Artois Style Sketches activation.
- Colio Winery – maintains its presence, offering its renowned brand wines & Thornberry cider throughout the venue.
- David Dunkley – continues as the Official Milliner of The King’s Plate & Woodbine Entertainment
- New Holland Agriculture – supports the King’s Plate by providing tractors to help maintain the track and offers branded fan giveaways on-site.
- Ricoh – contributes its printing services for race programs across the venue, ensuring the smooth flow of information and excitement. The prestigious, $1 million-stakes race historically named in honour of the reigning monarch, was renamed this year as the King’s Plate following the accession of King Charles III.
One of the highest-profile events in Canadian sports, The Plate is the first leg of the OLG Canadian Triple Crown. It is followed by the Prince of Wales Stakes run at Fort Erie Race Track, and the Breeders’ Stakes run at Woodbine Racetrack.
For more information about the 2023 King’s Plate event and the incredible sponsors, please visit https://woodbine.com/kingsplate/