Skip to main content

Live Racing Cancelled for June 8 at Woodbine Mohawk Park

June 7, 2023

MILTON, June 7, 2023 – Due to the Environment Canada Special Air Quality Alert for Toronto, and consistent with the advice we have received from veterinarians, medical practitioners, and other racing officials including the AGCO, Woodbine has made the decision to cancel the race card on Thursday, June 8 with the primary consideration being the health and safety of the horses and racing participants. Woodbine has also cancelled Thursday’s Thoroughbred race card.

The Ontario Sires Stakes Gold event for 3-year-old filly trotters is postponed until  Tuesday, June 13. Horses will not need to re-enter and post-positions will remain unchanged.

Woodbine will continue to monitor the situation and weather forecast and provide an update regarding live racing for Friday, June 9. It will also be confirmed tomorrow afternoon whether the 2-year-old qualifiers on Friday morning will proceed.

Share This: