MILTON, March 18, 2020 – In order to maintain live racing and follow the best practices for health and safety, Woodbine Entertainment has issued the following updated paddock procedures for Woodbine Mohawk Park.
Effective Friday (March 20) and until further notice, post time for Live Racing at Woodbine Mohawk Park will move to 6:40 p.m.
Post time for Thursday evening’s card of live racing will remain at 7:10 p.m.
The following procedures will be implemented immediately in the paddock at Woodbine Mohawk Park.
- All horsepeople will be screened upon arrival, with their temperature taken at the stable gate.
- All trainers should bring only essential employees to the racetrack for live racing, qualifying or training.
- Unless tending to their horse, owners are not permitted in the paddock.
- No one under the age of 16 will be permitted in the paddock until further notice.
- All horses will enter the paddock through the regular entrance.
- All horses on Lasix will receive their medication in the Old Paddock and then move to Barn 8 until their retention time in the paddock.
- Races 1 through 5 will race out of the Old Paddock (standing stalls).
- Races 6 through 10 will race out of the New Paddock (box stalls).
- Horsepeople are required to adhere to the paddock retention schedule.
- Please limit foot traffic between the two paddocks.
- Do not congregate to socialize.
- Practice social distancing. Text and call within the paddock, versus face to face.
- Following each race, horsepeople should bath and load their horses as quickly as possible and exit the paddock within 30 minutes.
Woodbine thanks our horsepeople for their cooperation during this period and will continue to issue updates regularly.
QUALIFIERS FOR THURSDAY, MARCH 19
Woodbine Mohawk Park has adjusted the start time and order of qualifiers to limit traffic in the paddock.
Qualifiers will begin at 9:30 a.m. with four qualifying races for trotters contested. A one-hour break will commence following the trot qualifiers.
At approximately 11 a.m., qualifiers will resume with six qualifying races for pacers.
Trotters will race out of the new paddock expansion, while pacers will race out of the old paddock.
Training and Schooling is not available on Thursday morning. Only horses qualifying will be permitted on the property.
Horsepeople coming to qualify at Woodbine Mohawk Park are reminded to review all paddock procedures listed below.