MILTON, March 14, 2020 – In light of the rising public concerns over limiting the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), Woodbine Entertainment has followed government recommendations and will be closing Woodbine Racetrack and Woodbine Mohawk Park to guests as of Sunday, March 15.
Live racing will continue to operate at Woodbine Mohawk Park with only essential employees and restricted access to the paddock area until further notice.
Woodbine urges all horsepeople to review the following precautionary measures being implemented to maintain live racing.
- Woodbine asks that all trainers bring only essential employees with them to the racetrack. Unless tending to their horses, owners will be unable to access the Paddock or Grandstand.
- Woodbine asks that all horses, trainers, caretakers and drivers exit the paddock within 30 minutes of their race, if possible.
- The Driver’s Room will have limited access and only be opened to drivers and trainers wishing to change into their driving suits. The lounge area and showers will be closed until further notice to minimize interactions.
- The Paddock Kitchen will be closed until further notice. Horsepeople are encouraged to bring their own food and drinks for racing, training and qualifiers, as no services will be offered in the Grandstand.
- Woodbine will not be able to cash Horsemen’s cheques during the Grandstand closure.
Woodbine thanks our horsepeople for their cooperation during this period and will provide updates regularly.
Horseplayers will still be able to watch and wager on Woodbine Mohawk Park through HPIbet.com, select Champions Teletheatre locations or their local ADW.
Live racing will be conducted Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Post time is 7:10 p.m.