MILTON, March 13, 2018 – Woodbine Entertainment would like to issue a final reminder to all horsepeople of the upcoming March 15 stakes payment deadline.
Thursday (March 15) is the deadline for the first round of sustaining payments for all Woodbine major stakes, including the $1 million Pepsi North America Cup.
A total of 79 three-year-old pacers were nominated to this year’s Pepsi North America Cup and their connections will need to submit a sustaining payment to remain eligible to Canada’s richest harness race.
The Pepsi North America Cup is scheduled for Saturday, June 16 at Woodbine, Mohawk Park.
The following major stakes require a March 15 sustaining fee payment:
- Armbro Flight (Fillies & Mares Trot)
- Canadian Pacing Derby (Open Pace)
- Canadian Trotting Classic (3-year-old Trot)
- Casual Breeze (3-year-old Filly Trot)
- Elegantimage (3-year-old Filly Trot)
- Eternal Camnation (2-year-old Filly Pace)
- Fan Hanover (3-year-old Filly Pace)
- Goodtimes (3-year-old Trot)
- Maple Leaf Trot (Open Trot)
- Metro Pace (2-year-old Pace)
- Milton (Fillies & Mares Pace)
- Nassagaweya (2-year-old Pace)
- Peaceful Way (2-year-old Filly Trot)
- Roses Are Red (Fillies & Mares Pace)
- Shes A Great Lady (2-year-old Filly Pace)
- Somebeachsomewhere (3-year-old Pace)
- William Wellwood Memorial (2-year-old Trot)
The full list of eligible horses to each Woodbine major stakes race can be viewed by clicking here.
The upcoming March 15 deadline also impacts the Champlain, Simcoe and SBOA Stakes.
Horsepeople with two-year-olds set to debut this season (foals of 2016) are reminded that a sustaining payment is due Thursday for this year’s Champlain Open/Filly Stakes and next year’s (2019) Simcoe Open/Filly Stakes.
The SBOA Stakes for Ontario sired three-year-old fillies also requires a sustaining payment on March 15 for this year’s event (foals of 2015) and next year’s event (foals of 2016).
Woodbine continues to handle stakes administrations for tracks throughout Ontario.
Sustaining payments are due March 15 for Grand River Raceway’s Battle of Waterloo & Belles (Ontario sired 2-year-old Pace) and Flamboro Downs’ Confederation Cup (4-year-old Pace).
Full details regarding stakes payments, including sustaining fee amounts, can be found by clicking here.
Stakes payments can be made online by clicking here.
If sending stakes payments by mail, envelopes must be post-marked no later than March 15, 2018 or payment will not be accepted. Registered mail is recommended.