Racetrack Expands Hours and Amenities as Province Enters Step 3 of Government Plan
Milton, ON – As Ontario prepares to enter Step 3 of the Government’s Roadmap to Reopen plan, Woodbine Entertainment has announced that guests will be welcomed indoors for wagering and simulcasting services as of Friday, July 16. Following provincial Step 3 guidelines, wagering and simulcasting areas will be restricted initially to 550 guests within Woodbine Mohawk Park’s grandstand as per government capacity limits.
Additionally, expanded outdoor grandstand seating, up to 75 percent capacity will be available as of July 23, allowing more race fans to experience the thrill of live, world-class racing.
“We are appreciative of the steps adopted by Government that will enable us to expand our offerings and we are excited to welcome back a larger group of our loyal customers to the on-track experience at Woodbine Mohawk Park,” said Jim Lawson, CEO, Woodbine Entertainment.
Dining options continue to expand at Woodbine Mohawk Park. The Railside BBQ will continue to offer an outdoor trackside dining experience and starting on July 23, the heralded Mohawk Harvest Kitchen restaurant will open Friday and Saturday evenings for safe, indoor dining experiences featuring an exciting new menu. Additionally, the Tim Hortons is open during live racing hours. As per government guidelines, reservations are required. To reserve a dining experience, please click here.
Simulcasting, wagering and guest areas will take place within designated Racebook sections at Woodbine Mohawk Park. These sections have been designed to allow guests to safely distance themselves from each other while watching and wagering on live horse racing from tracks across the globe.
The racetrack will be open on live race days one hour before post time to the end of the live racing for wagering and simulcasting services. Guests wishing to attend Woodbine Mohawk Park for wagering and simulcasting services are asked to register for their spot onsite inside of the main Mohawk Park entrance. Guest Service staff will be present to help gusts with daily registration. To comply with government-imposed capacity limits, a maximum of 550 people will be permitted indoors at Woodbine Mohawk Park and expanded areas outdoors including the apron and outdoor seating will be available.
Standardbred Post Times at Woodbine Mohawk Park.
- Monday: 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 7:00 p.m.
- Friday: 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 7:00 p.m.
Additionally, Woodbine Mohawk Park remains open for Quick Cash Stop services. Quick Cash Stop service allows horseplayers to drop-in to place advance wagers, purchase programs, deposit funds into their HPIbet accounts and any other wagering related transactions.
Woodbine Mohawk Park Quick Cash Stop Hours:
- Sunday: Closed
- Monday: 6:00pm to 11:00pm
- Tuesday: 6:00pm to 11:00pm
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: 6:00pm to 11:00pm
- Friday: 6:00pm to 11:00pm
- Saturday: 6:00pm to 11:00pm
Quick Cash Stop customers who would like to extend their stay for simulcasting, to view live racing or enjoy dining are asked to register for their spot onsite inside of the main entrance upon arrival. Guest Service staff will be present to help gusts with daily registration.
As more indoor experiences become safely available, guests can continue to reserve their spot to enjoy outdoor amenities including Mohawk Park’s Railside BBQ or expanded Apron and Grandstand Seating. Please click here to make your reservation.
Here are the details:
- Free parking is available in the main parking lot.
- Guests and spectators are to enter via the main grandstand entrance.
- Wagering terminals will be available indoors and outdoors.
- Racebook spots are available with an onsite reservation.
- Spectators will be required to wear a face mask while on property, indoors and outdoors when there is difficulty in maintain a safe physical distance from others (unless eating or drinking).
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will the casino be open?
- As per the Government of Ontario, casinos are slated to open as part of Step 3. The best place to find information relating to Elements Casino Mohawk is their website: https://www.elementscasinomohawk.com/
- Do we need to make reservations?
- Reservations are required for all guests to help create a safer experience for everyone. Guest Service staff will be present to help gusts with daily registration.
- Is there an admission charge for the racetrack?
- There is no admission charge to attend the races at Woodbine Mohawk Park.
- Is patio dining available?
- Yes! Limited, safe dining experiences are available with reservations. To reserve a dining experience, please click here.
- How many spectators are permitted to experience live, world-class racing at Woodbine Mohawk Park?
- Woodbine Entertainment is proud to operate expansive, premier, outdoor horse racing venues that allow spectators to safely view live, world-class racing at Woodbine Mohawk Park where we can safely offer in-person live racing and wagering experiences. Indoors, we have taken special care to ensure our facilities are cleaned and disinfected regularly and are designed to promote a safe, physically distanced experience. A maximum of 550 guests are permitted indoors. Outdoor seating capacity is based on the provincial guideline of 75%. In addition, guests can enjoy excellent dining experiences during live racing at any of our available restaurants.
- Will all seating be outside?
- While the majority of seating is on our large apron. Some limited and physically distanced seats are available indoors.
- Can I go inside the Woodbine Mohawk Park grandstand?
- As per Government restrictions and in the interest of everyone’s safety, indoor experiences are limited. Guests who have made a reservation to attend live racing may enter the grandstand to access outdoor areas, use the washrooms, place a bet (outdoor wagering to be available in some locations), purchase food and beverage or other retail or for emergency purposes.
- What is Woodbine Entertainment doing to ensure the venues are safe?
- As part of Step 3 requirements, Woodbine Entertainment will ensure all guests have made reservations with the necessary contact information, follow a robust safety plan, post occupancy limits and ensure that all staff are trained to provide the safest experience possible for all guests. Additionally, Woodbine Entertainment will follow an advanced cleaning and disinfecting schedule in all common areas and screen all guests and staff for COVID-19 symptoms or exposure.
- Will I be required to wear a mask while at Woodbine Mohawk Park?
- Everyone onsite is required to always wear a mask while at Woodbine Mohawk Park or except for when eating or drinking or when outdoors and when physically distanced from others.