Racing Hospitality Supervisor
Racing Dining & Bars
For over 100 years, we have been the engine that drives the Ontario horse racing industry. From King’s and Queen’s trips to Canada, to first dates, anniversaries and unforgettable horse races, we create winning experiences for all our guests.
Join a certified Great Place to Work team and be part of the future of horse racing and entertainment. Access exciting programs that can help unlock your potential while developing challenging and rewarding career goals. As we grow, we need dedicated people to join our cause. Be part of Woodbine Entertainment and get inspired to make work awesome!
Woodbine Entertainment is growing and we are currently looking for Racing Hospitality Supervisors who are fun, customer-focused people that are committed to providing our guests with winning experiences!
This position is extremely important to Woodbine’s success. By working together with your team members, you will exceed our guests’ expectations each and every time and most importantly, have fun while doing so.
Your main responsibilities will be to supervise day to day Hospitality operations at the designated outlet(s); including Dining Rooms, Bars and Quick Service Restaurants ensuring compliance with all legislative, health and safety and licensing requirements. You will also be conducting meetings with Front Line Staff and Back of House as required, conduct appropriate investigations as per collective agreement and exhibit professionalism when communicating with the Unions .
Our ideal candidate is going to have a strong passion to wow our guests, great communication skills, a friendly and outgoing attitude, be able to work in a fast paced environment and be willing to maximize their potential. At Woodbine, the opportunities are endless, so come join a company that makes work awesome!
What are we looking for:
- Certificate/Diploma/Degree from recognized College/University in courses related to Hospitality/Business Management, Hotel/ Restaurant Management or a combination of related education and experience
- Smart Serve and Food Safety Handling certification required
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory experience related to corporate food & beverage structure and reporting in a restaurant dining room, lounge, bar or banquet hall environment
- May be required to obtain and maintain an A.G.C.O. License based on assigned outlet(s)
- Experience working in unionized environment is a strong asset
- Flexibility to work day, evening and weekend shifts