Saturday, July 21, 2018
- Registration opens Friday, June 29, 2018
- NEW FOR 2018 Buy-in for $250 ($100 for bankroll + $150 for prize pool)
- Live bankroll
- 2 NTRA National Horseplayers Championship seats (est. $2.9 million purse)
Note the new location for this tournament is in the Northern Dancer Room which is on the 5th floor.
How to Enter
HPIbet members can enter and pay through their accounts
Friday, June 29 to 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 19, 2018
Woodbine Racetack Player Services Desk, 2nd floor
Friday, June 29 to Friday, July 20, 2018
11:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m.
Greenwood Player Services Rep
Friday, June 29 to Friday, July 20, 2018
11:30 a.m until midnight
Sue Clark at 416-675-7223, 1-888-675-7223 ext. 2513, or email@example.com
Friday, June 29 to 4:00 p.m. Friday, July 20, 2018
Tournament registration table in the Northern Dancer Room
Saturday, July 21, 2018
10:00 a.m. until the minimum of five tournament races are remaining
Quick Reference Guide
What you’ll need to play
- Your account card (to be provided upon Tournament Check-In)
- Your secret PIN (default PIN # is 1234)
- Woodbine & Saratoga race program (to be provided free of charge at Tournament)
- Daily Racing Form (to be provided free of charge at Tournament)
- Your picks!
Tracks which are eligible for wagering in this Tournament
Woodbine & Saratoga only
MINIMUM of five races with a minimum bet of $20/race
At least three of the five races bet must be on Woodbine. The remaining two races may be on Saratoga and/or Woodbine.
How to place a wager in the Tournament
- Make sure you use the correct Account Card if you have more than one entry (Card A, Card B, Card C)
- Find a Tournament self-serve terminal, identified by Tournament signage. Regular machines will not take Tournament wagers and will not accept Tournament Account Cards.
- Swipe Card and Enter PIN
- Select Woodbine or Saratoga
- Select the race you would like to wager on, if not the current race
- Select your bet type. The ONLY eligible bet types are Win, Place, Show, Exactors, and Daily Doubles.
- Select your bet amount
- Select your horse #
- If you would like a paper record of your bets, press “Finish with Receipt”
- DO NOT WITHDRAW any cash from your Account Card until you are finished wagering, as it will not be able to be re-deposited. Any withdrawals will not be reflected on your balance in the leaderboard standings.
- ONLY Win, Place, Show, Exactor, and Daily Double bets are permitted in this tournament
- You must wager on a minimum of five (5) races with a minimum bet of $20/race. Three (3) of the five (5) races bet must be on Woodbine. The remaining two (2) races may be on Saratoga and/or Woodbine.
- You can reinvest your winnings
- DON’T FORGET to withdraw the balance of your Account Card before you leave for the day. All cash on the account is yours to keep.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I bring a laptop to the Tournament?
Yes, but there is limited seating close to electrical outlets so make sure to arrive early. We suggest you bring a portable battery charger with you.
Is there wireless access?
Yes. Select “HPIbet”.
Can I bring friends and family into the Northern Dancer Room to watch the Handicapping Tournament?
No. Only officially registered Contestants are permitted in the Northern Dancer Room.
What is the PIN on my Tournament Card?
When you pick up your Tournament Package, your card will be set to a ‘Change PIN’ mode. Enter the default PIN ‘1234’, and then you will be prompted to enter your own private PIN. Keep this private, but don’t forget it. If forgotten, account services will need to be contacted to reset PIN.
Are there any mandatory races to wager on?
No. There will be no mandatory races; however, it is required that CONTESTANTS MUST WAGER ON A MINIMUM OF TEN (10) DIFFERENT RACES WITH A MINIMUM BET OF $25/RACE. AT LEAST FIVE (5) OF THE TEN RACES MUST BE ON WOODBINE to be eligible to win the Tournament.
What type of wagers can I make?
Win, Place, Show, Exactors, and Daily Doubles
Can I wager with my winnings?
Yes, money earned from winning wagers can be reinvested.
I’ve placed my bet, but my Balance on the leaderboard didn’t go down due to my bet. Why?
The leaderboard will only reflect wins and losses. Once the results are official, the leaderboard will show either a drop (by the amount of your bet) due to a loss or a rise (by the amount of your winnings) due to the win.
I’ve placed my bet, watched my horse win, but the leaderboard doesn’t reflect my actual Balance or winnings. What’s wrong?
From the point that results become official, there is a 4-5 minute delay before the leaderboard is updated. If there are any concerns once results are updated, please advise the administrator on-site.
I’ve won the Tournament. How do I get my prizing?
Following a 72 hour post-Tournament audit of the winners, to ensure all requirements have been met and that all bets were within the constraints of the Tournament rules, you will be contacted by a representative of Woodbine Entertainment Group with instructions for claiming your prize.
What do I do with the balance on my card at the end of the Tournament Day?
The balance on any Tournament Cards is the property of the Contestant linked to that Account. The entire balance MUST be withdrawn at the end of the Tournament.
I forgot to withdraw the balance on my Card after the Tournament, and now I can’t even access my card. What’s wrong and how can I get my money?
The Tournament Account Cards are programmed to only work on totes set to Tournament mode. These Tournament Cards will not work on regular self-serve tote machines. To withdraw any funds on the Card, please contact 416-675-3993 or 1-888-675-7223, ext. 2513, and arrangements will be made to retrieve your funds.
Can I keep my Tournament Account Card?
We ask that you withdraw all the funds on your Tournament Account Card and return your Card to the card-collector following the Tournament for use in future Tournaments.
106 entries @ $150 = $15,900
Cost of 2 NHC seats = $11,200
Total Prize Money = $4,700 (from entry fees after the cost of the 2 NHC seats has been deducted)
|1st place||Nick Noce||$1659.00||$2115.00 + NHC seat|
|2nd place||Allan Schaffer||$1231.00||$1034.00 + NHC seat|
|3rd place||Laurence Salvati||$1080.00||$470.00|
|4th place||Gary Blair||$679.00||$329.00|
|5th place||Dan Weisenburger||$402.50||$282.00|
|6th place||Russell Wilkes||$385.00||$235.00|
|7th place||Ray Sharpe||$384.35||$141.00|
|8th place||Mark Fienberg||$326.25||$94.00|