The Woodbine host/commentator and handicapper offers up his list of the most memorable moments from the 2021 Woodbine Thoroughbred campaign. From winning one for the home team, to a “54 length” victory, to a fairytale finish, the Top 5 features a little bit of everything from an exciting season at Canada’s Showplace of Racing.
Jeff Bratt’s Top 5
5. God of Love and Moira stamp themselves as classic contenders in 2022
God of Love winning the Grey Stakes (Grade 3)
Moira winning the Mazarine Stakes (Grade 3)
4. Ricoh Woodbine Mile: Town Cruise takes them all the way for a win for the home side
3. Natalma Stakes: Wild Beauty was impressive, and Pizza Bianca went on to win a Breeders’ Cup race
2. The dominating year of Kazushi Kimura, who wins the jocks’ race by 54. The race call of Robert Gellar tells it all in final race of 2021.
1. Kennedy Road Stakes: Pink Lloyd goes out in style