Dear Woodbine Entertainment Guests,
Just like you, we are very closely monitoring new developments regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus). The health and safety of our guests, employees and horsepeople is our highest priority and primary concern.
We are committed to going above and beyond to ensure our facilities are clean and safe for all our guests.
To that end, a taskforce has been established and is meeting daily and following recommendations from Toronto Public Health, Public Health Agency of Canada, Ministry of Health, Public Health Ontario and other local health providers to monitor the risk and take protective actions as needed.
In addition to our regular high standards of cleanliness, we have implemented several additional precautionary measures that include the following;
- Providing even more sanitization stations throughout our facilities, including hand sanitizing wipes.
- Frequently cleaning and disinfecting washrooms, counters, handrails, doorknobs and other areas using specialized solutions for maximum efficiency.
- Advanced prevention training for our employees.
- Property-wide communications about techniques that can lessen the transmission of an illness.
- A comprehensive and robust food safety plan.
- A thorough screening process for all horsepeople entering the paddock at Woodbine Mohawk Park and the backstretch at Woodbine Racetrack.
To date, Woodbine Entertainment has not cancelled any events and is proceeding with live racing with these precautionary measures in place.
Woodbine Entertainment strongly encourages fans who are not feeling well or reluctant to attend live racing in person to watch the races on HPItv or through their HPIbet account. For fans attending live racing, please be reminded that you can sign-up for an HPIbet account and place bets through that platform in lieu of using other methods at the racetrack.
As the situation continues to develop, we will be sure to update you with pertinent information.
Thank you and be safe,