The exciting changes continue at Woodbine Racetrack! After a busy start, which saw many significant changes to the site, the property development will continue throughout 2020 at Woodbine Racetrack (Woodbine).
The land that surrounds Woodbine will continue to transform as part of a master plan to create an exhilarating place to live, work, and play in addition to the ultimate destination for horse racing and gaming.
After receiving approval to expand gaming in May 2018, construction has begun on new facilities, including a casino resort operated by Ontario Gaming GTA. To facilitate the large construction project, some accommodations will occur that are anticipated to be present throughout 2020. The below accommodations are expected to begin on June 28, 2020.
Please observe the following:
- Parking Lots A, B and C are expected to be fully operational with only minor impacts.
- Parking Lot D has been divided into two sections, with a portion of the northern half closed until 2021. To access Parking Lot D, please use the roadway between Lots C and D.
- Follow posted signage and/or instructions from the construction personnel to travel to and from the Parking Lot to the Grandstand.
Grandstand Entrance Road (Ring Road)
- Grandstand Entrance Road runs around the Woodbine Racetrack property and is closed east of Queen’s Plate Boulevard to just north of the three-way stop at Stable Road, adjacent to Highway 27.
- Please be advised that construction will occur near the racetrack in the area where Grandstand Entrance Road runs parallel to Highway 27. Hoarding has been put in place to reduce any disruptions.
Rexdale Boulevard Eastbound Entrance
- Construction will reduce the entrance from eastbound Rexdale Boulevard to two lanes.
Rexdale Boulevard Exit/Entrance
- The exit and entrance ramp that travels underneath Rexdale Boulevard to Grandstand Entrance (Ring Road) has been reduced to one lane in each direction.
Queen’s Plate Boulevard
- Queen’s Plate Boulevard is closed until 2021.
- Please use the roadway between Parking Lot C and D to access Parking Lots and the Grandstand.
Drop-off & Pick-up / Valet / Taxi / TTC
- Valet, taxi, shuttle bus and TTC services (including Wheel Trans) are offered near the transit loop, close to Gate 10. This is also the closest drop-off/pick-up area to the Grandstand.
- Guests walking from the Parking Lots are asked to follow the posted signage to access Gate 10 or Gate 11.
- Guests requiring accessibility accommodations are asked to please go to Gate 10.
Woodbine would like to thank all guests for their patience as we continue build the ultimate destination for horse racing and gaming.