Racetrack to Open its Doors for Live Racing on Canada Day
TORONTO, June 26, 2021 – Woodbine Entertainment announced today that it is excited to welcome back a limited number of spectators, including owners, to Woodbine Racetrack for live Thoroughbred Racing as of Thursday, July 1. This marks the first time in 2021 that spectators are permitted to attend live racing at Woodbine. Capacity will be limited to 25% of grandstand seating and the trackside apron.
“We are thrilled to be able to open our doors on Canada Day and welcome back our owners and some spectators to the track who have been dearly missed,” said Jim Lawson, CEO, Woodbine Entertainment. “We have been operating live racing for a couple of weeks now, but it’s just not the same with empty stands. We are thankful to the government for entrusting us to safely welcome back a limited number of spectators.”
Starting next week, a limited number of spectators will be permitted to reserve their spot at Woodbine Racetrack’s Trackside Apron, The Patio at Champions’, or Grandstand Seating. As per Government guidelines, spectators must make a reservation for access to any of the above areas. Woodbine is developing its reservation system and will offer guidance how to use and access the system next week.
Here are the details:
- Free parking is available in lots A, B, and C. All other lots are closed due to ongoing construction. Please click here for construction details.
- Spectators must enter via Gate 10.
- Wagering terminals will be available.
- Spectators will be required to wear a face mask while on property (unless eating or drinking).
Post-time on Thursday is scheduled for 1:20 p.m. Live racing continues at Woodbine Racetrack on Friday at 4:50 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday at 1:20 p.m. Woodbine Racetrack will open to spectators one hour before post-time and will ONLY be open on live race days (Thursday through Sunday).
Additionally, Woodbine Racetrack is open for Quick Cash Stop services. Quick Cash Stop service allows horseplayers to drop-in to place advance wagers, purchase programs, deposit funds into their HPIbet accounts and any other wagering related transactions.
Woodbine Racetrack Quick Cash Stop Hours:
- Sunday: 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Monday: 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Friday: 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Quick Cash Stop customers who would like to extend their stay to view live racing or enjoy patio dining are encouraged to check online for current reservation availability. Details on booking reservations will be available next week.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will the casino be open?
- As per the Government of Ontario, casinos are slated to open as part of Step 3. The best place to find information relating to Casino Woodbine is https://casinowoodbine.com/
- Do we need to make reservations?
- Reservations are required for all guests to help create a safer experience for everyone. More information on reservations will be available next week.
- Is there an admission charge for the racetrack?
- There is no admission charge to attend the races at Woodbine Racetrack.
- If I reserve a seat in the Woodbine Racetrack grandstand, will I be able to go to the apron?
- At this time, to best ensure the safest experience for everyone, guests will be limited to the area they reserved.
- Is patio dining available?
- Yes! Limited, safe dining experiences are available with reservations at Woodbine Racetrack’s The Patio at Champions.
- How many spectators are permitted to experience live, world-class racing at Woodbine Racetrack?
- Woodbine Entertainment is proud to operate expansive, premier, outdoor horse racing venues that allow spectators to safely view live, world-class racing at Woodbine Racetrack where we can safely offer in-person live racing experiences to nearly 1000 people in our large open-air grandstand and apron. Additional guests can enjoy excellent dining experiences during live racing.
- Will all seating be outside?
- All seating is within our large open-air, outdoor grandstand and / or apron.
- Can I go inside the Woodbine Racetrack grandstand?
- Currently, as per Government restrictions and in the interest of everyone’s safety, indoor experiences are limited. Guests who have made a reservation to attend live racing may enter the grandstand to access outdoor areas, use the washrooms, place a bet (outdoor wagering to be available in some locations) or for emergency purposes.
- What is Woodbine Entertainment doing to ensure the venues are safe?
- As part of Step Two requirements, Woodbine Entertainment will ensure all guests have made reservations with the necessary contact information, follow a robust safety plan and post occupancy limits. Additionally, Woodbine Entertainment will follow an advanced cleaning and disinfecting schedule in all common areas and screen all guests and staff for COVID-19 symptoms or exposure.
- Will I be required to wear a mask while at Woodbine Racetrack?
- Everyone onsite is required to always wear a mask while at Woodbine Racetrack or except for when eating or drinking.